An Overview of Montessori for the Infant-Toddler Level
$360/person, 5 CEUs
Next session: February 14, 2022. The following session will begin March 7, 2022.
10 Week Course
Montessori Beginnings is an introduction to supporting development during the earliest years of life. This course will provide information that can be useful to assistants, administrators, parents, and anyone interested in learning about how to apply Montessori philosophy, principles, and practices to caring for the youngest members of our human family.
Topics will include:
- Montessori Principles and Practices at the Infant Toddler Level
- Caregiving the Montessori way
- Child is the Curriculum
- The Importance of Responsive Care (Empathetic Gestures and Nonverbal Communication)
- Supporting Transitions
- Creating Healthy Rhythms and Routines
- Matching the Timeline of Development with Environmental Design and Supports
- Preparing Ourselves to Work With Young Children
- Being Part of a Montessori Faculty
Those who complete the entire 10 weeks and all assignments will be awarded a CGMS Professional Development Certificate.
Upcoming Enrollment Dates
Most courses will begin on February 14! Please view the individual programs for more information on start dates.