Montessori Training Enrollment
Requirements and documents for our certificate programs
The Center for Guided Montessori Studies (CGMS) is currently accepting applications to our Infant/Toddler (0-3), Early Childhood (3-6), Elementary I&II (6-12), Elementary I(6-9), Elementary II(9-12), Secondary (12-18), School Leadership and Programas en Español.
In this area you will find requirements and combined application documents for both the Full Certificate and Associate Certificate programs. Note that particular Montessori Training programs may have additional requirements, which would be listed at that link if so.
Requirements: The Center for Guided Montessori Studies does not discriminate among candidates based on age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, or nationality. Based on availability, CGMS accepts all adult learners who meet the following requirements:
- All adult learners must demonstrate a strong facility with both spoken and written English. Non-fluent speakers may be required to submit TOEFL scores.
- Adult learner experiences, essays, interview and recommendations must all demonstrate a commitment to mastering the values and methods of the Montessori Curriculum.
- Adult learners must submit transcripts for any college they have attended. Adult learners must possess a bachelors’ degree or international equivalent from an accredited university or college. The CGMS Director may accept other adult learners pending approval of an Educational Portfolio. Your Educational Portfolio will include plans for future education, coursework completed after high school and Professional Development courses, life experiences, independent study, and a description of your study skills. Please request an Educational Portfolio packet from admissions if you do not currently hold a Bachelor’s degree.
- Adult learners must submit a signed tuition agreement and pay the application fee to be considered for enrollment.
- Applicants for the Associate and Full Certification programs must have an internship, or plans for an internship, in an authentic Montessori environment. Although there is flexibility in some levels with scheduling, a practicum is a requirement for both the Associate and Full Certification programs.
- Adult learners must own or have constant access to a computer with broadband internet connection capable of displaying a test video file.
If you are interested in more information, send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.orgView our admissions process Session dates & tuition information Frequently asked questions
Adobe acrobat reader If you have trouble opening the application documents, you may need to install Adobe’s free Acrobat reader program.