Professional Development: Infant-Toddler Level
Montessori Beginnings is an introduction to supporting development during the earliest years of life. This course will provide information that can be useful to assistants, administrators, parents, and anyone interested in learning about how to apply Montessori philosophy, principles, and practices to caring for the youngest members of our human family.
Topics will include:
- Montessori Principles and Practices at the Infant Toddler Level
- Caregiving the Montessori way
- Child is the Curriculum
- The Importance of Responsive Care (Empathetic Gestures and Nonverbal Communication)
- Supporting Transitions
- Creating Healthy Rhythms and Routines
- Matching the Timeline of Development with Environmental Design and Supports
- Preparing Ourselves to Work With Young Children
- Being Part of a Montessori Faculty
Those who complete the entire 10 weeks and all assignments will be awarded a CGMS Professional Development Certificate.
To register for a course, please complete the online application. For questions about our professional development program, or to inquire about group discounts, please contact us.